Videographer and Editor Intern
Seagull Institute is an International Education Company that specializes in organizing customized academic programs, semesters, internships and excursions for overseas students who want to study abroad. Our goal is to showcase the American entrepreneurial spirit to these international students through an array of classes, company visits, and networking events.
WHO WE ARE SEEKING
We are currently searching for a Program Coordinator who is ambitious and ready to grow with us as we continue to expand our business by providing lasting educational and personal experiences for international students who are visiting our great city. The candidate we seek has the entrepreneurial spirit while personifying a “Can-Do Attitude” that is absolutely contagious. If you are someone who is goal-driven, a consummate team player, strongly values customer satisfaction, and is keen on obtaining critical field experience then we’re interested in you!
Seagull Institute is an International Education company that seeks to introduce French students to the American Entrepreneurial spirit through an array of classes, visits of Chicago companies, and networking events. Students will also have the opportunity to discover Chicago’s culture through volunteer opportunities and other local events. More information about Seagull Institute please visit us at www.seagull-institute.com.
We are looking for a Videographer and Editor Intern to join our team who can help us capture the unique and life-changing experience Seagull Institute provides to our students!
- Shoot footage and edit
- Accomplish the bulk of technical tasks related to production and post-production
- Set up and operate equipment
- Assist with staging, set preparation, and dressing
- Manage projects from conception through to completion
- Coordinating filming for campaign, promotional, and testimonial videos
- Create short (1:30-3:30 minute) web videos for Seagull Institute’s website and social media outlets
OUR INTERNSHIP OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Portfolio building and promotional video experience
- Social Media and Marketing- Develop creative video marketing and social media strategies
- Reference- Receive a strong letter of recommendation upon completion of the internship
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly collaborative style, strong drive, maturity, creativity
- Experience using Final Cut Pro 7(or 10)/ Adobe Premier/ or a comparable editing software
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and offer perspectives on how to increase outreach and engage viewers
- Appreciation and sensitivity to other cultures
Note: Interns are not required to know all these programs. If you know or are experienced in one or a few and would like to expand your skill base, then this is a great opportunity.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Length of service: 3-5 months (Flexible)
- Location: Chicago Loop
- Hours: 20 to 25 hours/week with some evening and weekend activities
- This is an ideal position for a college student looking to gain experience and to build your resume
- This person will need to have their own camera, lights, and editing software/capabilities.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org